Green Information Technology
Green IT looks to reduce the negative effect IT has on the environment due to its operations. This will be done by designing, manufacturing, operating and disposing of computers and computer-related products in an eco-friendly manner. The motives behind green IT practices include minimizing the use of hazardous materials, increasing energy efficiency during the product’s lifetime and promoting effective disposal of unused and outdated products.
Clientlogic’s Green IT includes a number of focus areas and activities.
- Design for environment sustainability
- Energy-efficient computing
- Power management
- Data centre design, layout, and location
- Server virtualization
- Responsible disposal and recycling
- Regulatory compliance
- Green metrics, assessment tools, and methodology
- Environment-related risk mitigation
- Use of renewable energy sources; and
- Eco-labelling of IT products